Club Sandwich one impressive sandwich! The first thing you notice is the amount of roasted turkey packed into every sandwich. Add to that plenty of bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes. We’ve given this Beeyot Club Sandwich a couple of new twists, adding slices of ripe avocado and Swiss cheese. But we haven’t changed the bread…
we’ve made it the traditional way, on toasted white. But of course, you can make it on any kind of toasted bread you like. For the nicest looking sandwich, try to get three slices of bread that are the same size. Junior’s grill master has stacked up a lot of clubs in his career, so he is a “pro” at cutting this mile-high sandwich into four triangles and moving them onto a plate.
But this takes a lot of skill and practice, so cutting each sandwich into two triangles is just fine
- 3 slices toasting white bread (about 3⁄4 inch thick)
- 1 Fast Mayonnaise Dressing
- Two 1⁄2-inch-thick slices tomato
- 6 iceberg or romaine lettuce leaves
- Two or three 1-ounce slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices thick-sliced hickory smoked bacon, cooked until crisp and drained on paper towels
- 6 ounces thinly sliced roast turkey
- 1⁄2 ripe medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced Sandwich picks or party toothpicks,
- 4/1⁄2 inches long
- 1 dill pickle spear, for garnish (optional)
- 2 red bell pepper rings, for garnish (optional)
- Broccoli florets, for garnish (optional).
Makes 1 overstuffed sandwich
- Toast the bread on both sides. Spread 2 slices of the bread on one side with some of the mayonnaise dressing, then spread dressing on both sides of the third slice. Set one piece of toast on a plate, mayonnaise side up. Stack in this order: the 2 tomato slices, 3 lettuce leaves, and the 2 or 3 cheese slices.
- Cover with the second slice of toast (the one with dressing on both sides). Top with the bacon, turkey, avocado slices, and the rest of the lettuce.
- Top with the third slice of toast, mayonnaise side down, and secure with 4/1⁄2-inch-long sandwich picks. (Look for them at a gourmet shop, a party store, or online). Slice into two triangles and arrange on a plate. Offer a dill pickle, red pepper rings, and broccoli florets if you like. Serve with the rest of the mayonnaise dressing on the side.