- 1 recipe Poppyseed Dressing
- One 5-ounce package baby lettuce or baby romaine leaves
- One-quarter of a 5-pound seedless
- watermelon, or 1 Sugar Baby
- watermelon, cut in half
- 1 large ripe cantaloupe or honeydew, cut in half and seeded
- 3 cups bite-sized fresh pineapple
- chunks (from one 2-pound pineapple, peeled and cored, or buy the chunks already cut up, in your grocer’s fruit department)
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (about 1 quart)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Makes 6 side salads
- Make and refrigerate the dressing. Wash and spin-dry the greens. Arrange a lettuce bed on a large serving platter or shallow bowl.
- Using a melon baller, scoop large balls from the watermelon and cantaloupe. If you do not have a melon baller, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Scatter the melon balls on top of the greens, then the pineapple and strawberries, adding the blueberries last. Generously drizzle with the poppyseed dressing right before serving.
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO!