- 1 recipe Poppyseed Dressing
- One 5-ounce package baby lettuce or baby romaine leaves
- One-quarter of a 5-pound seedless
- watermelon, or 1 Sugar Baby
- watermelon, cut in half
- 1 large ripe cantaloupe or honeydew, cut in half and seeded
- 3 cups bite-sized fresh pineapple
- chunks (from one 2-pound pineapple, peeled and cored, or buy the chunks already cut up, in your grocer’s fruit department)
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (about 1 quart)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Read more articles like that:
Makes 6 side salads
- Make and refrigerate the dressing. Wash and spin-dry the greens. Arrange a lettuce bed on a large serving platter or shallow bowl.
- Using a melon baller, scoop large balls from the watermelon and cantaloupe. If you do not have a melon baller, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Scatter the melon balls on top of the greens, then the pineapple and strawberries, adding the blueberries last. Generously drizzle with the poppyseed dressing right before serving.